Try this sweeter option for a SUPER FOOD breakfast. This tasty, ultra nutritious, fiber rich recipe will sure convince the most reluctant to try more healthy options.
I guarantee that you will be pleasantly surprised with this sweet breakfast recipe.
Check out our coconut vanilla chia seed pudding with fresh strawberries recipe for more information on the awesome health benefits of chia seeds.
Ingredients for vanilla coconut chia seed pudding with strawberries
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup nut milk like almond, coconut or rice or use regular milk
- For vanilla pudding use 1 tsp vanilla sugar, 1/8 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 vanilla pod
- For chocolate pudding use 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener such as maple sirup, honey or palm sugar syrup
- A small pinch of salt
- fruit of your choice, banana, strawberry, blueberries, raspberries, mango, passion fruit all go well
- Optional: toasted nuts or coconut shavings
Instructions for vanilla and chocolate chia seed pudding
Step 1: prepare the chia seed pudding
In a cup mix the milk, vanilla or chocolate, sweetener , chia seeds and salt. Make sure the vanilla and salt is dissolved and the seeds are not clumped together. Put in a fridge for 30 min.
After 30 min, mix up the chia seeds with a fork to ensure it all turns into a uniform pudding. Put back in the fridge for at least another hour. It will keep for a few days so you can make the pudding the night before and assemble it in the morning for an ultra delicious breakfast.
Step 2: Put it together
Cut up some fresh fruit and put over the pudding. You can also sprinkle over some toasted nuts or coconut shavings for an extra crunch. Enjoy!
Check out our coconut vanilla chia seed pudding with fresh strawberries for a spring twist on this recipe.
You can pretty much make a pudding from any liquid using chia seeds. So have fun with it and try out some of your own ideas. Got some crazy funky ideas? Leave us a comment below…